Subject: [Nel] compiling nel/3d ps_util.cpp causes error C1076, internal heap limit

From: Kai Schutte <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:13:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm trying to compile nel and snowballs, I've passed most hurdles, but
this one is sticking...

While compiling ps_util.cpp in nel\src\3d, VC++ 6 gives a fatal error
C1076, internal heap limit reached. Full output is

ps_util.cpp
D:\SKANDER\STLPORT-4.5.1\STLPORT-4.5.1\STLPORT\stl/type_traits.h(339) :
fatal error C1076: compiler limit : internal heap limit reached; use /Zm
to specify a higher limit
Error executing cl.exe.

I tried adding the /Zm2000 option, but no luck...

Can I get a hint?

thanks,

-Kai

---

From: "Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:13:57 +0100

Hi,

I had the same error yesterday. I have added the /Zm200 option in 3d.dsp and
it seams to work. It should be on the CVS now.
Big values passed to /Zm option lead to a visual crash.. /Zm100 is the
default value (100% the default heap size)
/Zm2000 is 2000% the default heap size ! :-)

Thanks for the feedback,

Cyril Corvazier