Subject: [Nel] Linux Error when compile Nel 3d

From: dee115 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 11:06:37 +1100

Hi,

When I tried to compile Nel3d in Linux, I got the following error:

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/cvssnowball/code/nel/src/3d'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.
-I../../include    -I../../src -I/usr/include/freetype2
-I/home/snowball/STLport-4.0/stlport -O3   -Wno-multichar -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/X11R6/include -c water_model.cpp
rm -f .libs/water_model.lo
c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../src
-I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/home/snowball/STLport-4.0/stlport -O3
-Wno-multichar -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/X11R6/include
-Wp,-MD,.deps/water_model.pp -c water_model.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/water_model.lo
In file included from water_model.cpp:29:
../../src/3d/water_height_map.h:127:6: warning: no newline at end of
file
../../src/3d/water_height_map.h:127:6: warning: no newline at end of
file
water_model.cpp: In method `void NL3D::CWaterRenderObs::traverse
(NL3D::IObs *)':
water_model.cpp:183: no match for `NL3D::IDriver *& !=
NLMISC::CSmartPtr<NL3D::IDriver> &'
make[3]: *** [water_model.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/cvssnowball/code/nel/src/3d'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cvssnowball/code/nel/src/3d'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cvssnowball/code/nel/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

When I remove all things which related to water_*.* from register3d,
scene, and the Makefile, then everything is working...

Thanks,

Wilson

---

From: Vincent Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 20:01:12 +0100

> scene, and the Makefile, then everything is working...

Hello,

I suggest you upgrade your gcc : check the version with 'gcc --version',
you should have a 2.95.4 (was released this summer). This is at least
related to the 'no newline at end of file' warning which is fixed in gcc
since then (the preprocessor is smart enough to add the necessary newline).
I personnally use STLport 4.5 and don't have trouble compiling the
water_* stuff : try this if the gcc upgrade don't fix it.