Subject: [Nel] Broken link in www.nevrax.org

From: Roy Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:09:37 -0500

There appears to be a problem on this page of your site.

    On your page /pipermail/nel/
    when you click on your link to
/pipermail/nel/2000-October/subject.html
    you get the error: Not found

As recommended by the Robot Guidelines, this email is to explain our robot's
activities and to let you know about one of the broken links we encountered.
LinkWalker does not store or publish the content of your pages, but rather
uses the link information to update our map of the World Wide Web.

Are these reports helpful? I'd love some feedback. If you prefer not to
receive these occasional error notices please let me know.

Roy Bryant

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Roy Bryant, [email-masked]
 President
 SEVENtwentyfour Inc. ("Always watching the Web")
 http://www.seventwentyfour.com
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: Vincent Archer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:18:40 +0100

>     you get the error: Not found

Well, there are no october archives, since these archives held only
messages of the form "ok, ping, 1-2-3, anyone hear me?" and "do I
receive this?".

I tried to remove all traces of the october activity, but Mailman seem
to have resurrected the links, even if the files themselves are not there,
nor any information to recreate them.

Mailman is, well, "lacking" (to put it nicely) in the documentation and
man area.

> receive these occasional error notices please let me know.

Most of these really are errors. That specific one is "known", and I
have yet to figure how to remove it - Mailman recreates the link when
a new message is received.

-- 
Vincent Archer                                         Email: [email-masked]

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!