Subject: [Nel] Linux build

From: Vincent Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 19:24:10 +0100

* Makefile.am's still lacking some source files. Attached a patch against
  src/misc/Makefile.am and src/3d/Makefile.am (needed at least to build
  Snowballs2).

* Snowballs2 might not have sound support (I just read it on the ML) but
  it requires Nelsound support. I now build NeL with default, + sound (and
  no AI).

* Running the Snowballs2 client, I have this good old bug :

$ ./src/snowballs
INF23282 client.cpp 145 : Starting Snowballs 1
WRN23282 dru.cpp 95 : when loading dynamic library 'libnel_drv_opengl.so':
/usr/local/lib/libnel_drv_opengl.so: undefined symbol: glDrawElements
WRN23282 common.cpp 392 : Exception will be launched: libnel_drv_opengl.so not found
Aborted

$ nm -D /usr/lib/libGL.so|grep glDrawElements
0003c2c2 T glDrawElements

If you have any idea ... I'll try to investigate the pb. BTW: client.cpp 145,
what about 'Snowballs _2_' ? :)

Index: nel/src/misc/Makefile.am
===================================================================
RCS file: /home/cvsroot/code/nel/src/misc/Makefile.am,v
retrieving revision 1.32
diff -c -r1.32 Makefile.am
*** nel/src/misc/Makefile.am	5 Nov 2001 16:08:20 -0000	1.32
--- nel/src/misc/Makefile.am	8 Nov 2001 18:25:05 -0000
***************
*** 9,15 ****
  lib_LTLIBRARIES       = libnelmisc.la
  
  libnelmisc_la_SOURCES = aabbox.cpp                         \
! 			bit_mem_stream.cpp		   \
                          bit_set.cpp                        \
                          bitmap.cpp                         \
                          block_memory.cpp                   \
--- 9,15 ----
  lib_LTLIBRARIES       = libnelmisc.la
  
  libnelmisc_la_SOURCES = aabbox.cpp                         \
!                         bit_mem_stream.cpp		   \
                          bit_set.cpp                        \
                          bitmap.cpp                         \
                          block_memory.cpp                   \
***************
*** 28,34 ****
                          events.cpp                         \
                          file.cpp                           \
                          geom_ext.cpp                       \
! 			heap_memory.cpp                    \
                          i_xml.cpp                          \
                          i18n.cpp                           \
                          line.cpp                           \
--- 28,34 ----
                          events.cpp                         \
                          file.cpp                           \
                          geom_ext.cpp                       \
!                         heap_memory.cpp                    \
                          i_xml.cpp                          \
                          i18n.cpp                           \
                          line.cpp                           \
***************
*** 52,57 ****
--- 52,58 ----
                          time_nl.cpp                        \
                          triangle.cpp                       \
                          uv.cpp                             \
+                         value_smoother.cpp                 \
                          vector.cpp                         \
                          vector_2d.cpp                      \
                          vector_2f.cpp                      \
Index: nel/src/3d/Makefile.am
===================================================================
RCS file: /home/cvsroot/code/nel/src/3d/Makefile.am,v
retrieving revision 1.54
diff -c -r1.54 Makefile.am
*** nel/src/3d/Makefile.am	7 Nov 2001 17:06:10 -0000	1.54
--- nel/src/3d/Makefile.am	8 Nov 2001 18:25:05 -0000
***************
*** 54,59 ****
--- 54,61 ----
                         coarse_mesh_manager.h               \
                         computed_string.cpp                 \
                         computed_string.h                   \
+                        deform_2d.cpp                       \
+                        deform_2d.h                         \
                         driver.cpp                          \
                         driver.h                            \
                         driver_material_inline.h            \
***************
*** 94,99 ****
--- 96,105 ----
                         landscape.h                         \
                         landscape_collision_grid.cpp        \
                         landscape_collision_grid.h          \
+                        landscape_def.cpp                   \
+                        landscape_def.h                     \
+                        landscape_face_vector_manager.cpp   \
+                        landscape_face_vector_manager.h     \
                         landscapeig_manager.cpp             \
                         landscape_model.cpp                 \
                         landscape_model.h                   \
***************
*** 101,106 ****
--- 107,114 ----
                         landscape_profile.h                 \
                         landscape_user.cpp                  \
                         landscape_user.h                    \
+                        landscape_vegetable_block.cpp       \
+                        landscape_vegetable_block.h         \
                         landscapevb_allocator.cpp           \
                         landscapevb_allocator.h             \
                         landscapevb_info.cpp                \
***************
*** 127,132 ****
--- 135,142 ----
                         mesh_geom.h                         \
                         mesh_instance.cpp                   \
                         mesh_instance.h                     \
+                        mesh_morpher.cpp                    \
+                        mesh_morpher.h                      \
                         mesh_mrm.cpp                        \
                         mesh_mrm.h                          \
                         mesh_mrm_instance.cpp               \
***************
*** 149,154 ****
--- 159,166 ----
                         mrm_mesh.h                          \
                         mrm_parameters.cpp                  \
                         mrm_parameters.h                    \
+                        noise_value.cpp                     \
+                        noise_value.h                       \
                         nelu.cpp                            \
                         nelu.h                              \
                         ordering_table.h                    \
***************
*** 169,174 ****
--- 181,187 ----
                         patch_rdr_pass.cpp                  \
                         patch_rdr_pass.h                    \
                         patch_render.cpp                    \
+                        patch_vegetable.cpp                 \
                         patchuv_locator.cpp                 \
                         patchuv_locator.h                   \
                         plane_basis_maker.h                 \
***************
*** 220,225 ****
--- 233,240 ----
                         ps_sound.h                          \
                         ps_sound.cpp                        \
                         quad_grid.h                         \
+                        quad_grid_clip_cluster.cpp          \
+                        quad_grid_clip_cluster.h            \
                         quad_grid_clip_manager.cpp          \
                         quad_grid_clip_manager.h            \
                         quad_effect.h                       \
***************
*** 251,260 ****
--- 266,279 ----
                         skeleton_user.h                     \
                         skeleton_weight.cpp                 \
                         skeleton_weight.h                   \
+                        skip_model.cpp                      \
+                        skip_model.h                        \
                         stripifier.h                        \
                         stripifier.cpp                      \
                         tess_block.cpp                      \
                         tess_block.h                        \
+                        tess_face_priority_list.cpp         \
+                        tess_face_priority_list.h           \
                         tess_list.cpp                       \
                         tess_list.h                         \
                         tessellation.cpp                    \
***************
*** 299,304 ****
--- 318,325 ----
                         tile_lumel.h                        \
                         tile_noise_map.cpp                  \
                         tile_noise_map.h                    \
+                        tile_vegetable_desc.cpp             \
+                        tile_vegetable_desc.h               \
                         track.cpp                           \
                         track.h                             \
                         track_bezier.h                      \
***************
*** 316,321 ****
--- 337,356 ----
                         transformable_user.cpp              \
                         transformable_user.h                \
                         trav_scene.h                        \
+                        vegetable.cpp                       \
+                        vegetable.h                         \
+                        vegetable_clip_block.cpp            \
+                        vegetable_clip_block.h              \
+                        vegetable_def.cpp                   \
+                        vegetable_def.h                     \
+                        vegetable_instance_group.cpp        \
+                        vegetable_instance_group.h          \
+                        vegetable_manager.cpp               \
+                        vegetable_manager.h                 \
+                        vegetable_shape.cpp                 \
+                        vegetable_shape.h                   \
+                        vegetablevb_allocator.cpp           \
+                        vegetablevb_allocator.h             \
                         vertex_buffer.cpp                   \
                         vertex_buffer.h                     \
                         vertex_buffer_hard.cpp              \
***************
*** 331,336 ****
--- 366,373 ----
                         visual_collision_manager.h          \
                         visual_collision_manager_user.cpp   \
                         visual_collision_manager_user.h     \
+                        water_height_map.cpp                \
+                        water_height_map.h                  \
                         water_model.cpp                     \
                         water_model.h                       \
                         water_pool_manager.cpp              \

---

From: Cedric Valignat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:31:22 +0100

Hello,

>   src/misc/Makefile.am and src/3d/Makefile.am (needed at least to build

We fixed that ... sorry :-(

>   it requires Nelsound support. I now build NeL with default, + sound (and

We start coding some dound support for Snowballs 2, but we decide to
stop the development to finish it later, sorry about that ...

> If you have any idea ... I'll try to investigate the pb.

I'm going to take a look on that ...

> BTW: client.cpp 145, what about 'Snowballs _2_' ? :)

ouch ! ... done. :-)

Thanks for your help,

Cedric.