Subject: [Nel] Maya Plugin Documentation

From: Brandon Barker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:57:25 -0500

Can anyone point me to some tutorials or good documentation on writing 
Maya(4) Plugins?  I'm going to be porting a windows/maya Plugin to Linux/maya 
in a few days.  Unfortunately, I don't know if the author will allow the 
plugin to be open source, though, after I do get the porting done I will 
certainly discuss it with him.  Nevertheless, this plugin allows you to 
export Models as md3 files used in Quake3 - while not directly related to 
NeL, it would certainly be nice to have available in Linux, and a good way to 
test models with the tried and true Q3 Engine.

Brandon Barker

---

From: Vincent Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Feb 2002 15:01:23 +0100

On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 02:57, Brandon Barker wrote:
> Maya(4) Plugins?

Rather off-topic here since NeL rely on Max plugins & tools :)
The answer is 'RTFM', the Maya SDK has a great doc and a bunch of
examples which compile straight under Windows (via Visual) or under
Linux (via Makefiles). They even provide a portable UI toolkit.