Subject: [Nel] So many services!

From: "Paul Siegel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:57:26 -0500

Is there a doc somewhere with a comprehensive list of all the services in
the NeLNS project (and in the Snowballs services project)?  I'm having
trouble figuring out which services do what.  It'd be nice to see a full
list of services possibly organized into groups (services unique to the
system, unique to the machine, and unique to a shard).  Also, what defines a
shard?  Can multiple shards exist on a single machine?  If not, what's the
difference between a service unique to a shard and one unique to a machine?

Thanks.

Paul

---

From: Tony Hoyt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:22:24 -0500

The documentation is not exactly fully clear here on what needs to run,
what cfg files are needed, etc.  Perhaps this is all beyond my abilities
to understand and execute this program but I really would like to figure
out how to build and hence maintain my own little snowballs server to
make my own little modified game.

  Tony

P.S. Anyone finaly build the 3D Studio Max Plugin's for version 4?

---

From: "Valerio Santinelli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:31:28 +0100

> P.S. Anyone finaly build the 3D Studio Max Plugin's for version 4?

No luck till now. I had to give up for some time.