Subject: [Nel] 2 questions

From: Brandon Barker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 23:20:42 -0500

Hello I have 2 questions.

1) I'm trying to compile NeL 2.0 (packaged with Snowballs 2) on a machine 
with Utah-GLX (its an accelerated version of Mesa 3.2 and will work with ATI 
Rage and others), but configure tells me I have no opengl, and suggest I get 
Mesa.  What should I do.

2) Is it possible to compile in Windows with Cygwin?  Cygwin would be a good 
compiler of choice for the windows platform because it is Free Software and 
anyone can get it ... for free.  

Thanks,
Brandon Barker

---

From: Valignat Cedric <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:53:18 +0100

Hello Brandon,

> Rage and others), but configure tells me I have no opengl, and suggest I get 

That migth come from the file <GL/glext.h>, could you check that you have
this file ?

If it's missing, you will be able to download it from :

   http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/ABI/glext.h

> anyone can get it ... for free.  

We didn't try to compil it on Cygwin *yet*, i will try to do it
during the next week, but you are welcome to give it a try and give
us some feed back ... that will be nice ;-)

Cedric.

---

From: Leighton Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:12:28 +0800

>    http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/ABI/glext.h

ie, the configure script checks that your GL_GLEXT_VERSION is greater
than or equal to 7. If your glext.h is earlier than this, it
will give you the message about not having opengl (the configure script
should probably be changed to a less misleading message).

> us some feed back ... that will be nice ;-)

*shudder* Trying to get stuff which uses windows APIs to compile under
Cygwin can be..... painful.

On a completely unrelated point, I have fullscreen client under X11
_almost_ working (just have to get it to grab the mouse properly now).
One thing that did occur to me is that it used the XF86VidMode
extension, so presumably this should be added to the configure
script. Anyone wanna give me a pointer on how to do it? :)
(Oh, and do we have an established preference for how we'd like
out patches?)

Leighton...

--

Part-time student. Full-time Programmer. 
Seeking the 36 hour day and the 10 hour working week.
(08) 9272 9058 (Home - like I'm ever there)
0401 335 136 (Mobile - like it's ever on)

---

From: Vincent Archer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:18:47 +0100

> script. Anyone wanna give me a pointer on how to do it? :)

If you know how autoconfig works, it's usually almost trivial.

> (Oh, and do we have an established preference for how we'd like

Basically, for smallish patches (two-three liners), you may submit them
here if you want.

However, since not everyone is interested in seeing patches, at least
until they are commited on the CVS, you may also submit them directly
to [email-masked], which, I think, is mentioned somewhere on the web
site. That applies to larger patches as well; I don't think people
appreciate seeing a 1000-line diff file landing in the mailing list :)

-- 
Vincent Archer                                         Email: [email-masked]

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!

---

From: Valignat Cedric <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:02:44 +0100

Hello Leighton,

> should probably be changed to a less misleading message).

Fixed, sorry about that ...

It will be on the public CVS tonigth.

> Cygwin can be..... painful.

I never tried yet, migth be interesting :-)

> script. Anyone wanna give me a pointer on how to do it? :)

You can check the GNU website's documentation :

   http://www.gnu.org/manual/autoconf-2.13/autoconf.html
   http://www.gnu.org/manual/automake-1.4/automake.html

And there is an online book, on RedHat's website, about Automake, Autoconf,
and Libtool which is a quite good introduction to all this "stuff" :

   http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_toc.html

Contact me if i can help ...

Have fun ;-)

Cedric.