Subject: [Nel] Problems compiling tile_edit

From: robofly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:59:57 -0800

Hi,

I'm trying to compile tile_edit from the tools folder.  After
uncompressing a jpeg source code library in the Pic subfolder
I get the following compilation errors.  It the Pic/ stuff
some kind of an standard image library, from somewhere?

Warm regards,
Róbert

ps. Here is the output from my compiler:

--------------------Configuration: tile_edit_exe - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
jchuff.c
D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\jchuff.c(271) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'inline'
D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\jchuff.c(273) : error C2085: 'emit_bits' : not in formal parameter list
D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\jchuff.c(273) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\jchuff.c(311) : warning C4013: 'emit_bits' undefined; assuming extern returning int
jcphuff.c
D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\jcphuff.c(235) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'inline'
D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\jcphuff.c(237) : error C2085: 'emit_bits' : not in formal parameter list
D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\jcphuff.c(237) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\jcphuff.c(276) : warning C4013: 'emit_bits' undefined; assuming extern returning int
D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\jcphuff.c(288) : error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'inline'
D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\jcphuff.c(289) : error C2085: 'emit_symbol' : not in formal parameter list
D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\jcphuff.c(289) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\jcphuff.c(333) : warning C4013: 'emit_symbol' undefined; assuming extern returning int
Pic_BMP.c
fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\Pic_BMP.c': No such file or directory
Pic_JPG.c
fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\Pic_JPG.c': No such file or directory
Pic_Manage.c
fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\Pic_Manage.c': No such file or directory
PIC_System.c
fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\PIC_System.c': No such file or directory
Pic_TGA.c
fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\Pic_TGA.c': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Compiling...
readpic.cpp
fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'D:\code\tool\tile_edit\Pic\readpic.cpp': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
Error executing cl.exe.

tile_edit.exe - 15 error(s), 3 warning(s)

---

From: "Cyril Corvazier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:14:25 +0100

Hi,

> I get the following compilation errors.

You are right, the PIC folder was missing on the CVS in tool/tile_edit/PIC.
That's ok now.

Regards,

Cyril Corvazier.