Subject: [Nel] compilation problems...

From: "Dennis McGregor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:21:53 -0500

I've been unable to compile the Nel engine and would be grateful if
anyone can shed some light on my situation.  I've greped the archives
and there doesn't seem to be anything specifically related to the
problems I'm having (though they have helped me surmount other, less
esoteric hurdles).

Some info on my setup: 
I'm running Debian 2.2r2. 
I'm using Mesa-3.3, 
	STLport-4.0, 
	libxml-2.4.16,
	freetype-2.0.8, 
	xlib6g-3.3.6-11pot (perhaps this is a/the problem - only thing I
haven't updated since beginning this),
and the latest non-cvs nel.tar.gz

configure fails with the message:

*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means LIBXML was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved LIBXML since it was installed. In the latter
case, you
*** may want to edit the xml2-config script: /usr/bin/xml2-config
configure: error: libxml2 must be installed.

so I use the --disable-xmltest flag. here is the command I'm using:

./configure --with-stlport-include=/usr/local/STLport-4.0/stlport/
--with-stlport-lib=/usr/local/S
TLport-4.0/lib/ --with-python=/usr/lib/python1.5/
--with-openal=/usr/local/openal2/openal/ --enable-sound --enable-ai
--with-gnu-ld --disable-xmltest

There aren't any old libxml files hanging around, ldconfig doesn't
complain about the libs that are there, and running xml2-config outputs
the information correctly (though, perhaps I should mention that I
erased the -lz flag from `xml2-config --libs` because ld complained
about it during the make process (bad?)).

These are the last few (enough?) lines I get from running make:

Making all in .
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/nel/src/misc'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.
-I../../include    -I/usr/include/libxml2/libxml -I/usr/include/libxml2
-O3 -DNL_RELEASE  -ftemplate-depth-24 -Wno-multichar -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/STLport-4.0/stlport/ -c mutex.cpp
rm -f .libs/mutex.lo
c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include
-I/usr/include/libxml2/libxml -I/usr/include/libxml2 -O3 -DNL_RELEASE
-ftemplate-depth-24 -Wno-multichar -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/usr/local/STLport-4.0/stlport/ -Wp,-MD,.deps/mutex.pp -c  -fPIC -DPIC
mutex.cpp -o .libs/mutex.lo
mutex.cpp: In method `NLMISC::CUnfairMutex::CUnfairMutex(const
_STL::string &)':
mutex.cpp:246: `PTHREAD_MUTEX_ADAPTIVE_NP' undeclared (first use this
function)
mutex.cpp:246: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mutex.cpp:246: for each function it appears in.)
make[3]: *** [mutex.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/nel/src/misc'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/nel/src/misc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/nel/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,
Dennis.

--

---

From: "Vianney Lecroart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:06:48 +0100

function)

PTHREAD_MUTEX_ADAPTIVE_NP should be in pthread.h that is located in the
standard include directory (/usr/include on my system).

For the XML problem, I don't know :-(

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?