Subject: [Nel] problems compiling....

From: "Matthew Shapiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 06:41:57 +0800

OK i THINK i know what's wrong.  I followed the new instructuions that came with the cvs version of the code and i did the nmake clean all stuff to STLport and at the begging it says the following files could not be found like 8 times and then compiles the rest.... Then when i do nmake install it says that cl.exe cannot be found (apparently cl.exe is the file all these compilations want to maek... including nel...) any ideas. and yes STLport 4.0
-- 

----KallDrexx

_______________________________________________
Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

1 cent a minute calls anywhere in the U.S.!

http://www.getpennytalk.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=RG9853KJ&url=http://www.getpennytalk.com

---

From: "Kai Schutte" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 03:22:58 +0100

> OK i THINK i know what's wrong.  I followed the new instructuions that
came with the cvs version of the code and i did the nmake clean all stuff to
STLport and at the begging it says the following files could not be found
like 8 times and then compiles the rest.... Then when i do nmake install it
says that cl.exe cannot be found (apparently cl.exe is the file all these
compilations want to maek... including nel...) any ideas. and yes STLport
4.0

Hi,

cl.exe is the compiler that comes with VisualC++. At first sight it seems
simply that your path isn't set correctly, yet nmake.exe is (at least with
my install of VC++) in the same directory than cl.exe, and your nmake.exe
seems to work. Are you sure that cl.exe is installed? On my box, this is
located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\

What version of VC++ are you using, and are you sure you moved the right
makefile from the STLPort distribution. I've compiled STLPort 4.5.1 without
any problems, with VC++6.

-Kai