Subject: [Nel] Nerdz are hunting bugs friday nights

From: Vincent Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 04:46:14 +0200

Get some :)

nel/src/3d:

quad_grid_clip_manager.cpp:260: name lookup of `i' changed for new ANSI `for' scoping
quad_grid_clip_manager.cpp:254:   using obsolete binding at `i'

zone_lighter.cpp:360: name lookup of `cpu' changed for new ANSI `for' scoping
zone_lighter.cpp:293:   using obsolete binding at `cpu'

zone_lighter.cpp:1328: name lookup of `i' changed for new ANSI `for' scoping
zone_lighter.cpp:1313:   using obsolete binding at `i'

nel/misc:

Makefile.am lacks 'value_smoother.cpp'

snowballs2/server/chat/src/main.cpp:52: use 'std::string' instead of 'string'

... and YES, I finaly have a snowballs2 client compiled !

Now, running it from 'snowballs2/client' :

AST17023 command.cpp 58 : STOP There are 2 commands that have the same name in the project (command
name 'quit')
INF17023 client.cpp 138 : Starting Snowballs 1
WRN17023 dru.cpp 95 : when loading dynamic library 'libnel_drv_opengl.so':
/usr/local/lib/libnel_drv_opengl.so: undefined symbol: XextCreateExtension
WRN17023 common.cpp 392 : Exception will be launched: libnel_drv_opengl.so not found
Aborted

$ ldd /usr/local/lib/libnel_drv_opengl.so
        libstlport_gcc.so => /home/zerodeux/src/nevrax/STLport/lib/libstlport_gcc.so (0x4002a000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4014d000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)

Shouldn't be the GL driver linked against X libs or something like that ?
Actually setting 'LD_PRELOAD=/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so' goes a step further:

AST17072 command.cpp 58 : STOP There are 2 commands that have the same name in the project (command
name 'quit')
INF17072 client.cpp 138 : Starting Snowballs 1
WRN17072 dru.cpp 95 : when loading dynamic library 'libnel_drv_opengl.so':
/usr/local/lib/libnel_drv_opengl.so: undefined symbol: isVertexProgramSupported__CQ24NL3D9CDriverGL
WRN17072 common.cpp 392 : Exception will be launched: libnel_drv_opengl.so not found
Aborted

Too lazy to go further. Have fun :)

---

From: "Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:34:11 +0100

Hi,

> zone_lighter.cpp:1313:   using obsolete binding at `i'

Fixed, always the same error.. :-)
Thanks,

Cyril.

---

From: "Vianney Lecroart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:52:10 +0100

Hi Vicent

> AST17023 command.cpp 58 : STOP There are 2 commands that have the same
name in the project (command

Fixed this night.

> /usr/local/lib/libnel_drv_opengl.so: undefined symbol:
isVertexProgramSupported__CQ24NL3D9CDriverGL

The makefile.am was out of date and some .cpp and .h missing in it (in your
case driver_opengl_vertex_program.cpp)
Fixed this night.

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?