Subject: [Nel] New NeL's network interfaces and code ...

From: Cedric Valignat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 12:00:03 +0200

Hello everybody,

This week, we commited the new NeL network library and the new
servives (NeLNS) using it.

This new implementation of the network code is actualy completly 
incompatible with Snowballs (client and move service) so you should
not update your code if you are playing with it. That work should be
done in a near future ...

We've just put on-line a new version of the NeL network library.  
Please note that this is a COMPLETE REWRITE. 

We have re-structured the reception code to be multi-threaded and 
re-designed the code layers to better correspond to the requirements
of our product development teams. We have also put on-line updated
versions of the NeL network services that are compatible with the
new network implementation.

For details please see the "under construction" document 
<URL:/docs/nelnet.php3> which describes the 
basic architecture in more detail, or take a look at the NeLNS
service implementations. Please note that we have not yet updated
the examples to comply with the new library.

Have fun,

Daniel Miller & Cedric.