Subject: [Nel] Compiling NeL from CVS

From: Vincent Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:39:59 +0200

Slight troubles :

- bootstrap complains that there is no 'ChangeLog' file, adding a stub with
'touch ChangeLog' makes it happy (and working)

- stuck here :

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/zerodeux/src/nevrax/code/nel/src/3d/driver/opengl'
c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../../include -O3
-I/home/zerodeux/code/pngl/STLport-0619/stlport -I./src -Wno-multichar -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/X11R6/include -Wp,-MD,.deps/driver_opengl.pp -c driver_opengl.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/driver_opengl.lo
In file included from driver_opengl.cpp:48:
driver_opengl.h:51: 3d/driver.h: No such file or directory
driver_opengl.h:52: 3d/material.h: No such file or directory
driver_opengl.h:53: 3d/shader.h: No such file or directory
driver_opengl.h:54: 3d/vertex_buffer.h: No such file or directory
driver_opengl.cpp:50: 3d/vertex_buffer.h: No such file or directory
driver_opengl.cpp:51: 3d/light.h: No such file or directory
driver_opengl.cpp:52: 3d/primitive_block.h: No such file or directory

The "-I./src" should be "-I../../../../src" ...

---

From: Cedric Valignat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 18:23:11 +0200

Hello Vincent,

> 'touch ChangeLog' makes it happy (and working)

This afternoon, i commited a new bootstrap which do the touvh is the ChangeLog
is missing ... so no more annoying complain from automake :-)

> [...]

I tried to setup that in the configure.in file and its works properly when
using VPATH to compile NeL (thing that do do at nevrax to be able to have a
debug and a release version of NeL in the same time and based on the same
source). But that doesn't work in a "normal" compilation setup :-(

I tried few things very quicly but without success ... i will fix it, cleanly
i hope, on monday ... sorry about that ...

Cedric.

PS: The external CVS will updated tonigth ...

---

From: Vincent Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 18:35:24 +0200

> i hope, on monday ... sorry about that ...

No pb, I'm just a bug hunter ... :)