Subject: [Nel] Link error

From: "Jason Dominiczak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 19:17:10 -0500

While compiling the client workspace, I get an error at the end.  I'm a Java programmer just looking into Nel and am very impressed.  If someone could just shed some light on how to resolve this error:

LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMT" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
freetype.lib(ftinit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _psaux_module_class
Release/snowballs.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

-Jay

---

From: Valignat Cedric <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:00:15 +0100

> Release/snowballs.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Yous should put the psauxmod.c files in freetype the freetype project.

Jérome Lanquetot and Julien Hognon already post somthin about that and i
should have updated the INSTALL file for a long time ago.

Sorry about that,

Cedric.

---

From: "Jason Dominiczak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:29:39 -0500

I did that, and freetype compiled nicely, but now when i compile the client
I get some more error messages:

LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMT" conflicts with use of other
libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
freetype.lib(psauxmod.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_T1_Decrypt
freetype.lib(psauxmod.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_T1_Decoder_Parse_Charstrings
freetype.lib(psauxmod.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_T1_Decoder_Done
freetype.lib(psauxmod.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_T1_Decoder_Init
freetype.lib(psauxmod.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_T1_Builder_Close_Contour
freetype.lib(psauxmod.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_T1_Builder_Start_Point
freetype.lib(psauxmod.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_T1_Builder_Add_Contour
freetype.lib(psauxmod.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_T1_Builder_Add_Point1
etc.......

I really don't know c++ well so I can't figure out what is causing this

Thanks for your help,

Jay

> _______________________________________________
> Nel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> /mailman/listinfo.cgi/nel

---

From: Valignat Cedric <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:46:24 +0100

Jason Dominiczak wrote:
> [...]

This is caused because some FreeType modules that we are using are not
inlcuded in your FreeType compilation.

We, Nevrax, are using GNU make to compil Freetype, and that compilation
method include everything by default.

As you are using an IDE to compil it you have to put the base components
and, eventualy, some optional components.

In your specific case the psaux module need the t1types and psnames modules.

As NeL is a "work in progress" and that we migth add new features to
font_generator, my advice is to compile *all* the optionals modules,
all the C files listed at the end of the INSTALL file, in your FreeType
compilation and installation process ... :-)

Cedric.

---

From: "Jason Dominiczak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:15:56 -0500

Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot Cedric.

-Jay

---

From: Valignat Cedric <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:37:42 +0100

> Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot Cedric.

That's nothing :-)