Subject: [Nel] Low framerate

From: Thomas RIBO <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:56:08 +0100

Hi!

Ok, I have now compiled all the stuff, got the latest data (why a 13Mo 
tarball instead of CVS?) and made it run.

I have the problem with landscape too, but Cédric said he will have a 
look on it ;-)

But the big problem is that I have only 5FPS! My configuration is a 
Duron 800 with 384Mo and a GeForce2PRO 32Mo.
Tribes II works well in 1024x768 and many options. What kind of 
configuration do you have guys?!

-- 
[email-masked]
"Le temps ne fait rien à l'affaire, quand on est con, on-est-con !"
-- Georges Brassens

---

From: "Vianney Lecroart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:11:11 +0100

Hi Thomas,

CVS are not a good way to store binary data so we made a tarball.

For Snowballs2, we have between 20 and 30 fps on our athlon 800mhz, 128mb,
geforce 1 DDR on Windows in 800x600. For problem should come that our 3d
cards is not used or a problem with driver or a problem with linux?

Anyway, we actually don't have enough time to test/debug Snowballs2 on
Gnu/Linux. If you find the problem, we'll be glad to add the fix.

> "Le temps ne fait rien à l'affaire, quand on est con, on-est-con !"

Hehe, nice sentence but not lot of people could understand it here ;-)

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?

---

From: Thomas RIBO <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:25:18 +0100

> CVS are not a good way to store binary data so we made a tarball.
We, at Nekeme, are using CVS for data for the game Arkhart 
(http://www.nekeme.net ). It works well, but CVS doesn't look into 
binary files to see the differences: it uses only dates which is 
sufficient and doesn't make my poor 56K explode =)

>
> For Snowballs2, we have between 20 and 30 fps on our athlon 800mhz,
> 128mb, geforce 1 DDR on Windows in 800x600. For problem should come
> that our 3d cards is not used or a problem with driver or a problem
> with linux?
>
> Anyway, we actually don't have enough time to test/debug Snowballs2
> on Gnu/Linux. If you find the problem, we'll be glad to add the fix.

Okay, I'll try to have a look at it, but don't really now how to do 
that (bad knowledge of Nel). Any hint?