Subject: [Nel] Welding and Lighting zones

From: "Paul Siegel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 14:52:20 -0500

I've got some zones built that I wanted to try and do the post-processing
work on, so I went into the code\nel\tools\3d\landscape_builder directory
and tried to follow the steps therein.  I got the three executables built
(zone_dependencies.exe, zone_lighter.exe, and zone_welder.exe) and put them
in the bin directory.  I put my exported zone files in the zone_exported
directory.  Then I started running the batch files.  Everything was working
fine until I got to 2_weld.bat.  I was quite surprised to find it contained
only the single command:

bash sh\weld.sh

I noticed that 3_light.bat contained a very similar command as well.  This
doesn't help me very much working on a Windows machine and not having a bash
shell to execute the script with.  But never mind, I'm resourceful, I
figured I could crack open sh\weld.sh, learn what it was doing, and recode
2_weld.bat to do the same.

Then to my horror I found that the sh directory was empty.  I double-checked
CVS, and sure enough there are no files in the sh directory.  Where are
these scripts?  Can someone send me them, or at least tell me what they are
supposed to do?  Thanks.

Paul

---

From: "Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:11:06 +0100

Hi Paul,

You can use landscape_builder to build the landscape. But this tools is now 
deprecated and will not be supported in the futur.

We have unified the export / bulid process for all NeL 3d media. It is done
in the folder build_gamedata. It provids for each NeL 3d media type, an
export process (from 3dsmax or directly from the artist database), a build 
process to make the final data and an install process to copy data into the 
final client directories. All is done with batch files. Each process is 
incremental, i-e, build only modified data.

In build_gamedata/processes/, you will find the build environement for
each NeL3d media. In build_gamedata/cfg/ you will find some 
configuration files.

In build_gamedata/processes/zone, you will find a build environnement 
for the landscape very close to landscape_builder.

> I was quite surprised to find it contained only the single command:
> 
> bash sh\weld.sh

We use the cygwin toolkit to build the landscape under windows and it 
works well.

http://www.cygwin.com

> these scripts?  Can someone send me them, or at least tell me what they are

Yes, the scripts was missing ! Sorry for this. It should be ok now.

Regards,

Cyril Corvazier