Subject: [Nel] still having data/ problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 19:59:47 -0800 (PST)

Hello again,

I finally got NeL and 'client' to build after all SORTS of library
problems and all the confusion with 3d/tmp.  Once again I got through
the login process, selected 'itsalive', and the client went away.  The
log file contains the familiar entry:

ERR: Error in the client: Read error in file 'data/' (End of file??)

I have to assume this is a Debian/GNU Linux problem because the other
guy who had this problem (Leighton Haynes) said he was on a Debian box
and because it all seems to work on RedHat.  Perhaps it's a libc
thing?  I'm using the latest of everything (unstable Debian).

Leighton, please post your patch if you have it readily available, or
send me copies of whatever files you modified and I'll generate
patches and post them.

Actually, I notice you also mentioned having a GeForce, like me, so
that could be related.  Perhaps some interaction between the nVidia
libraries and Debian or something...

If anyone else has any ideas or questions, I'd love to hear them.

I can't wait to catch up so I can start helping. :)

Thanks,
Robert

-- 
Robert de Forest      " meetings, n.:
System Administrator         A place where minutes are kept 
Got.net                                and hours are lost."
<[email-masked]>                    -- login fortune

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:22:23 -0800 (PST)

> thing?  I'm using the latest of everything (unstable Debian).

I noticed that the version of STLport that is called for is 4.0, but
the version that is packaged for Debian is 4.1.  I'm going to purge my
4.1 libraries and build 4.0 to see if that fixes it.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 22:11:51 -0800 (PST)

> 4.1 libraries and build 4.0 to see if that fixes it.

I tried it, and it didn't help any.