Subject: [Nel] compiling nel: syntax error in ps_ribbon.cpp

From: [email-masked]
Date: 01 Mar 2002 16:25:20 +0100

Hi all!

I'm currently trying to compile nel again using the source from Feb. 28th
at www.nevrax.org/download/.  After doing a s/)/}/ at
src/misc/p_thread.cpp:54, the source compiles fine until it comes to
src/3d/ps_ribbon.cpp.  There it fails with the following error:

-----8<-----
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/nel/src/3d'
source='ps_ribbon.cpp' object='ps_ribbon.lo' libtool=yes \
depfile='.deps/ps_ribbon.Plo' tmpdepfile='.deps/ps_ribbon.TPlo' \
depmode=gcc /bin/sh ../../depcomp \
/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include    -I../../src -I/usr/include/freetype2 -O3 -DNL_RELEASE  -ftemplate-depth-24 -Wno-multichar -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/stlport/ -c -o ps_ribbon.lo `test -f ps_ribbon.cpp || echo './'`ps_ribbon.cpp
rm -f .libs/ps_ribbon.lo
c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../src -I/usr/include/freetype2 -O3 -DNL_RELEASE -ftemplate-depth-24 -Wno-multichar -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/stlport/ -c ps_ribbon.cpp -Wp,-MD,.deps/ps_ribbon.TPlo    -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/ps_ribbon.lo
ps_ribbon.cpp: In method `void NL3D::CPSRibbon::serial(NLMISC::IStream &)':
ps_ribbon.cpp:165: syntax error before `*'
ps_ribbon.cpp:168: `CDummy2DAngle' undeclared (first use this function)
ps_ribbon.cpp:168: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ps_ribbon.cpp:168: for each function it appears in.)
ps_ribbon.cpp:168: parse error before `;'
[...more errors snipped...]
----->8-----

Can anyone here tell me what the problem is?  I'm myself pretty clueless
when it comes to C++ or object-oriented programming.

Thanks,
Lars

-- 
[ Lars Weber ]------< me @ lars.in-berlin.de >----[ GPG-ID: 1383B42E ]
+++ fingerprint: 44B1 1D23 DD53 E6B2 4AAB 4C36 0323 9141 1383 B42E +++
[ Using GNU ]----< www.gnu.org | www.debian.org >---[ Running Debian ]

---

From: "Vianney Lecroart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:45:13 +0100

You perhaps should get the cvs tree instead of the tarball version :)

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?