Subject: [Nel] How to compile the object_viewer?

From: "zen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:21:47 +0800

Hi all,

I've try to compile the object viewer and got the messages followed:

D:\WORK\CODE\NEL\INCLUDE\nel/misc/vector_inline.h(188) : error C2589: '(' : illegal token on right side of '::'
D:\WORK\CODE\NEL\INCLUDE\nel/misc/vector_inline.h(188) : error C2059: syntax error : '::'
D:\WORK\CODE\NEL\INCLUDE\nel/misc/vector_inline.h(189) : error C2589: '(' : illegal token on right side of '::'
D:\WORK\CODE\NEL\INCLUDE\nel/misc/vector_inline.h(189) : error C2059: syntax error : '::'
D:\WORK\CODE\NEL\INCLUDE\nel/misc/vector_inline.h(190) : error C2589: '(' : illegal token on right side of '::'
D:\WORK\CODE\NEL\INCLUDE\nel/misc/vector_inline.h(190) : error C2059: syntax error : '::'
D:\WORK\CODE\NEL\INCLUDE\nel/misc/vector_inline.h(194) : error C2589: '(' : illegal token on right side of '::'
D:\WORK\CODE\NEL\INCLUDE\nel/misc/vector_inline.h(194) : error C2059: syntax error : '::'
D:\WORK\CODE\NEL\INCLUDE\nel/misc/vector_inline.h(195) : error C2589: '(' : illegal token on right side of '::'
D:\WORK\CODE\NEL\INCLUDE\nel/misc/vector_inline.h(195) : error C2059: syntax error : '::'
D:\WORK\CODE\NEL\INCLUDE\nel/misc/vector_inline.h(196) : error C2589: '(' : illegal token on right side of '::'
D:\WORK\CODE\NEL\INCLUDE\nel/misc/vector_inline.h(196) : error C2059: syntax error : '::'

I have no idea how come this happened. The header file looks fine and I've successfully compile the snowball2 thus it should be correct, right?

Please help me out!

By the way , I want to study the code, and maybe I can offer some help, for example, debug, where should I start? Should possess any expertise first?

Sincerely,

Zen Jean

---

From: "Vianney Lecroart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:55:53 +0100

Hi,

> D:\WORK\CODE\NEL\INCLUDE\nel/misc/vector_inline.h(188) : error C2059:
syntax error : '::'

The problem is due to the STLport 4.5 conflict of min/max with <windows.h>.
One solution is to use STLport 4.0, the other solution is to find all
windows depend #include, put them together and #undef min #undef max just
after the windows specific #include and just before nel #include.

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?