Subject: [Nel] Compile error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 01:49:50 -0500

I've been trying to get the client to compile and I've gotten through
quite a bit as far as installing freetype and stlport and getting
a satisfied configuration. I'm running it on Linux but I get the
following error:

c++ -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/home/nel/code/nel/include -I/home/nel/STLport-4.0/stlport -g -O2  -o client  character_interface.o client.o language_interface.o login_interface.o move_listener.o pb_message_box.o player_view.o shards_list_interface.o zone_manager.o zone_search.o sight.o lens_flare.o -lnelnet -lnelmisc -lnel3d -L/usr/local/lib -lfreetype -L/home/nel/code/nel/lib -L/home/nel/STLport-4.0/lib  -lstlport_gcc
/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lnelnet
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I was doing pretty well up until then. Any ideas on what I'm missing here?

						Elwar

---

From: Valignat Cedric <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:26:11 +0100

Hi, 

> I was doing pretty well up until then. Any ideas on what I'm missing here?

It seems that the compiler cannot find the libnelnet.so file.

You compile it as if the NeL instalation prefix (/usr/local/ by default or
what you defined when calling the configure script) is /home/nel/code/nel
which seems to be the CVS directory.

Could you check were is placed the libnelnet.so file ?

Cedric.

---

From: Valignat Cedric <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:50:37 +0100

Hello, 

[email-masked] wrote:
> [...]

Where did you installed NeL when you execute the command 'make install' ? 

It's seems that the compiler is trying to get it from 
'/home/nel/code/nel/include' and '/home/nel/code/nel/lib' but it seems
that's the source (CVS) directory ... am i right ? :-)

Cedric.