Subject: [Nel] compile problems on debian gnu/linux

From: Michael Warnock <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 19:23:04 -0800

the debian packages for all requirements are installed- stlport has been
installed from source over the debian version to get the nebula device
(radonlabs.de) to work.

c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include -I/usr/include/freetype2
-I/usr/include/stlport -g -O2 -Wp,-MD,.deps/mini_col.pp -c mini_col.cpp
-fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/mini_col.lo
In file included from ../../include/nel/3d/mini_col.h:33,
                 from mini_col.cpp:26:
../../include/nel/3d/quad_grid.h: In method `class
NL3D::CQuadGrid<T>::CIterator
NL3D::CQuadGrid<T>::erase(NL3D::CQuadGrid<T>::CIterator)':
../../include/nel/3d/quad_grid.h:402: parse error before `*'
../../include/nel/3d/quad_grid.h: In method `void
NL3D::CQuadGrid<NL3D::CMiniCol::CFace>::selectAll()':

any ideas?

michael warnock
in orbit entertainment

---

From: "Cyril Corvazier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 09:53:19 +0100

> NL3D::CQuadGrid<NL3D::CMiniCol::CFace>::selectAll()':

This bug has been fixed yesterday evening. The cvs is synchronized at night.
So if you update now, it should be ok.

Thank you for the report.

---
Cyril Corvazier
Lead 3d programmer
Nevrax France

---

From: Michael Warnock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 17:04:10 -0800

Thanx for the quick fix!

here's another bug:
same debian 2.2 (stlport 4.1 now)

making the client:

c++ -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/stlport -g -O2  -o client  client.o
language_interface.o login_interface.o move_listener.o pb_message_box.o
player_view.o shards_list_interface.o zone_manager.o zone_search.o -lnelnet
-lnelmisc -lnel3d -L/usr/lib -lfreetype -lstlport_gcc
zone_manager.o: In function `NLMISC::IRunnable type_info function':
/usr/include/stlport/iostream(.text+0x0): multiple definition of
`NLMISC::IThread::create(NLMISC::IRunnable *)'
client.o(.text+0x0):/usr/include/stlport/stl/_construct.h: first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [client] Error 1

we got all the servers running with code from the last hour or so.

michael