Subject: [Nel] Linking issues on Snowballs2 compilation

From: "Yvan POEYMIROU" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:12:25 +0100

Hi all,

I have some difficulties to compile SnowBalls2 (with VC++ 6.0 SP5) :

********************
--------------------Configuration: client - Win32
ReleaseDebug--------------------
Linking...
nl3d_rd.lib(font_generator.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_FT_Attach_File
nl3d_rd.lib(font_generator.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_FT_New_Face
nl3d_rd.lib(font_generator.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_FT_Init_FreeType
nl3d_rd.lib(font_generator.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_FT_Load_Glyph
nl3d_rd.lib(font_generator.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_FT_Get_Char_Index
nl3d_rd.lib(font_generator.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes
nl3d_rd.lib(font_generator.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_FT_Render_Glyph
nl3d_rd.lib(font_generator.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_FT_Get_Kerning
ReleaseDebug/snowballs.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

snowballs.exe - 9 error(s), 0 warning(s)
********************

It may comes from FreeTypes linking (_FT_... ?), but I test it with
FreeTypes 2.0 and 2.0.6 and my path contains, I think, good links for this :
#include# -> E:\DÉVELOPPEMENT\NEL\FREETYPE-2.0\INCLUDE', etc.
#library# -> 'E:\DÉVELOPPEMENT\NEL\FREETYPE-2.0\OBJ',
E:\DÉVELOPPEMENT\NEL\CODE\NEL\LIB". etc.

Thanks

Your sincerly

Yvan

---

From: Robert Bjarnason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:01:35 -0800

Hi Yvan,

YP> I have some difficulties to compile SnowBalls2 (with VC++ 6.0 SP5) :

You need to add freetype.lib into the link section of the
project settings.

Warm regards,
Robert