Subject: [Nel] Compilation problem with nel/src/3d/driver.h

From: Alexandre Courbot <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Oct 2001 14:56:29 +0200

Hello NeL staff,

I've tried to compile the NeL CVS tree and got the following error:

c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../../include -I../../../../src
-I/usr/include/stlport -O3 -Wno-multichar -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/X11R6/include -Wp,-MD,.deps/driver_opengl.pp -c driver_opengl.cpp
-fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/driver_opengl.lo
In file included from driver_opengl.h:51,
                 from driver_opengl.cpp:48:
../../../../src/3d/driver.h:633: parse error before `0L'
../../../../src/3d/driver.h:648: missing ';' before right brace
../../../../src/3d/driver.h:662: virtual outside class declaration
<followed by lots of errors>

The part that caused this error is:

nel/src/3d/driver.h:

	enum TMatrix
	{ 
line 633:	None=0,
		ModelView,
		Projection,
		Texture,
		Color,

The problem come from the 'None' word. I don't know exactly why (maybe
it has been #defined to 0L somewhere?) but the compilation succeed when
I changed 'None' to something else. As this part of the code is the same
since quite a few time and probably works for you, I suspect something
in the include files of my libs. Here's my configuration:

-libxml 2.4.5
-libstlport 4.1beta6
-xfree 4.1.0
-python 1.5.2
-openAL 0.2001061600
-freetype2 1.3.1
-gcc 2.95.4

It's probably that the 'None' keyword is defined somewhere in my include
files. Unfortunately I don't exactly know how I could find out where it
is defined, but if someone give me the guidelines, I'd be glad to do.

By the way, is there a data package that is suitable for testing with
the CVS code? I'd be glad to have a look at Snowballs, but unfortunately
the release versions didn't work with me, and I guess that they are now
obsolete.

Anyway, keep on the good work! ;)
Alex.

---

From: "Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:02:30 +0200

Hi,

We will fixe it. It should be on the cvs after the night update.
Thanks for the report.

Regards,
Cyril.