Subject: [Nel] VC++ Compiling Problem - "nlsound_lowlevel_rd.lib"

From: "Jay Lubao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:18:26 -0500

Greetings all! Been compiling this bad boy for a while.
I made sure I received all the needed software and successfully
compiled Nel, Nelns, but when I go to compile Snowballs2.exe
I get the following error.

\TEST\nel\obj\ReleaseDebug\bounding_box.obj 
\TEST\nel\obj\ReleaseDebug\bounding_sphere.obj 
\TEST\nel\obj\ReleaseDebug\env_effect.obj 
\TEST\nel\obj\ReleaseDebug\mixing_track.obj 
\TEST\nel\obj\ReleaseDebug\sound.obj 
\TEST\nel\obj\ReleaseDebug\stdsound.obj 
..\obj\ReleaseDebug\nlsound_lowlevel_rd.lib 
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file "..\obj\ReleaseDebug\nlsound_lowlevel_rd.lib"
Error executing link.exe.

snowballs.exe - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)

-----------------------------------------------------

Now, my question is, where in the heck is this file? It wasn't made
when I compiled the libraries for Nel & Nelns, but it wants it anyway!
Any help would be appreciated! :)

- Jay Lubao

---

From: "Vianney Lecroart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:06:23 +0100

Hi,

>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
"..\obj\ReleaseDebug\nlsound_lowlevel_rd.lib"
>snowballs.exe - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)

The nlsound_lowlevel_rd.lib is created when you compile the
nel\src\sound\driver\sound_lowlevel.dsp that should included in the
snowballs2.dsw.

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?