Subject: [Nel] Cannot start server.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:54:43 +1100

Hi,

I have got Nel, Nelns, snowballs2 server all compiled without any error on a
Linux Box.

The files such as "naming_service", "login_service"... are in
"/usr/local/bin/".

I have created a ns.cfg and ls.txt in the directory "/usr/local/", and they
are as follow:

--ns.cfg--
Host="pctest";
Port=50000;
----------

--ls.txt--
Shards = {
 "pctest", "Shard1"
};
----------

The hostname of my machine has set to "pctest".

But when I try to start "naming_service", I got the following output
(errors?):

============================================================================
==
Log Starting [01/11/06 15:38:37]
01/11/06 15:38:37 INF: Starting Service 'NS' using NeL (Nov  6 2001
15:36:46)
01/11/06 15:38:37 INF: args = 1
01/11/06 15:38:37 INF: argv[0] = './bin/naming_service'
01/11/06 15:38:37 AST: "localaddr.ipAddress() != "127.0.0.1"" 
01/11/06 15:38:37 pctest/NS WRN: Exception will be launched: variable "Rec"
not found in file "naming_service.cfg"
01/11/06 15:38:37 pctest/NS WRN: Exception will be launched: variable
"StringMsgFormat" not found in file "naming_service.cfg"
01/11/06 15:38:37 pctest/NS WRN: Exception will be launched: Socket error:
Connection to pctest:49997 (127.0.0.1) failed (111: Connection refused)
01/11/06 15:38:37 pctest/NS INF: L4: can't connect now (Socket error:
Connection to pctest:49997 (127.0.0.1) failed (111: Connection refused))
01/11/06 15:38:37 pctest/NS WRN: Exception will be launched: variable "SId"
not found in file "naming_service.cfg"
01/11/06 15:38:37 pctest/NS AST: "localaddr.ipAddress() != "127.0.0.1"" 
01/11/06 15:38:37 pctest/NS WRN: Exception will be launched: variable
"BasePort" not found in file "naming_service.cfg"
01/11/06 15:38:37 pctest/NS INF: Service ready
01/11/06 15:38:42 pctest/NS WRN: Exception will be launched: Socket error:
Connection to pctest:49997 (127.0.0.1) failed (111: Connection refused)
01/11/06 15:38:42 pctest/NS INF: L4: can't connect now to localhost:49997
(reason: Socket error: Connection to pctest:49997 (127.0.0.1) failed (111:
Connection refused))
01/11/06 15:38:47 pctest/NS WRN: Exception will be launched: Socket error:
Connection to pctest:49997 (127.0.0.1) failed (111: Connection refused)
01/11/06 15:38:47 pctest/NS INF: L4: can't connect now to localhost:49997
(reason: Socket error: Connection to pctest:49997 (127.0.0.1) failed (111:
Connection refused))
01/11/06 15:38:52 pctest/NS WRN: Exception will be launched: Socket error:
Connection to pctest:49997 (127.0.0.1) failed (111: Connection refused)
01/11/06 15:38:52 pctest/NS INF: L4: can't connect now to localhost:49997
(reason: Socket error: Connection to pctest:49997 (127.0.0.1) failed (111:
Connection refused))
.
.
.
.
.
============================================================================
===============

It looks like it cannot connect to port 49997.  I have try to nmap/telnet to
the port 49997 and there is nothing on this port.

Could you tell me what happen and how do I fix this?

Thanks.

Wilson

---

From: "Vianney Lecoart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:29:06 +0100

Hi Wilson,

> I have created a ns.cfg and ls.txt

Theses files are totally out of date, you must take a look to these files
(sorry, they are in doxygen format and not generated so it s not really easy
to read):

/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/code/nel/doc/net/service.dxt
?rev=1.2&content-type=text/plain

and

/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/code/nelns/doc/server.dxt?re
v=1.2&content-type=text/plain

These files explain how to create a service and how work default services
like naming service and so on.

Anyway, naming_service doesn t need config file so it works fine without.

> 01/11/06 15:38:37 pctest/NS INF: Service ready

This line means that your services is running fine.

> Connection to pctest:49997 (127.0.0.1) failed (111: Connection refused)

Each server could have an admin_executor_service running on it and all
services of this server will connect on it. All services try, evenly, to
connect to the AES and if the connection failed, this output will be
display. It's not an error, just a warning. (look the url for more
information) Just launch the admin_executor_service and the naming_service
will be quiet.

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?