Subject: [Nel] compile.cpp

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 00:39:40 -0500

After finally getting the client to compile and run I ran into the problem
of the itsalive.nevrax.org site not being alive. So I figured I'd compile the
server on my system. 
First problem I had with the agent_service directory is it was searching for
my Python.h file which I finally had to explicetly include the path in the
Makefile. The final problem was that there's no compile.cpp in the agent_service
directory and the Makefile is trying to create the compile.o
I'll check out the .gz version to see if there's a compile.cpp in there.

							Elwar

---

From: "Michael Warnock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:22:40 -0800

The agent service isnt necessary to run the server.  You only needed the
naming service, log service, login service and moves service until
yesterday- now u have to run the time service too, which hasn't been running
well for me in the last few weeks, however, an older copy of it works just
fine.

Michael Warnock
In-Orbit Entertainment
No matter where you go, &this.

---

From: "Vianney Lecroart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:35:31 +0100

Hello Michael,

> well for me in the last few weeks, however, an older copy of it works just

Could you, please, explain me what is the problem about the time service?
Here, it seems to work fine on windows 2000 and on redhat 7 linux.

Vianney

---

From: Cedric Valignat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:25:23 +0100

> of the itsalive.nevrax.org site not being alive. So I figured I'd compile the

Sorry about that, itsalive die miserably due to a ventilator problem :-(

This was fixed and it's runnig now ...

> Makefile.

Ouch ... we will fix that ...

Tha agent service is not used at all at the momment, it's under heavy
development ... you can skip it.

> The final problem was that there's no compile.cpp in the agent_service

This was fixed yesterday.

Cedric.

---

From: Vincent Archer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:46:59 +0100

> Sorry about that, itsalive die miserably due to a ventilator problem :-(

When your CPU fan decide it's time to take a vacation, the CPU doesn't
like working without clim anymore than you. :)

> This was fixed yesterday.

That happens when someone adds a new file to the compilation process,
but forgets a "cvs add" :)

-- 
Vincent Archer                                         Email: [email-masked]

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!

---

From: Cedric Valignat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 16:05:06 +0100

> but forgets a "cvs add" :)

Atually, it was, more or less, the other way around. The compile.cpp file
was removed from the CVS, and it wasn't removed in the Makefile.am file :-)

Cedric.

---

From: "Michael Warnock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:42:32 -0800

> Here, it seems to work fine on windows 2000 and on redhat 7 linux.

I'm running win2k on an AMD Athlon (750 chipset m/b)
here is the log of starting the time service:
LOG 1: 01/03/06 11:19:38 INF baldur.in-orbit.org/NS: Service TS got port
51001
LOG 2: 01/03/06 11:19:38 INF baldur.in-orbit.org/TS: Local server time:
1430727ms, universal time: 4986ms

LOG 2: 01/03/06 11:19:38 INF baldur.in-orbit.org/TS: Service ready
LOG 1: 01/03/06 11:19:38 INF baldur.in-orbit.org/NS: Service TS-129
registered at baldur.in-orbit.org/51001
LOG 2: 01/03/06 11:19:39 ERR baldur.in-orbit.org/TS: Unknown external
exception
LOG 2: 01/03/06 11:19:39 INF baldur.in-orbit.org/TS: Service stopped
LOG 1: 01/03/06 11:19:39 INF baldur.in-orbit.org/NS: Service TS-129
unregistered at baldur.in-orbit.org/51001

when i try to compile the debug version i get this:
time_service.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall NLNET::CMessage::CMessage(class _STLD::basic_string<char,class
_STLD::char_traits<char>,class _STLD::allocator<char> >,bool,unsigned
__int32)" (??0CMessage@NLNET@@QAE@V
?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STLD@@V?$allocator@D@2@@_STLD@@_N_I@Z)
time_service.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class
_STLD::basic_string<char,class _STLD::char_traits<char>,class
_STLD::allocator<char> > const & __thiscall
NLNET::CInetAddress::hostName(void)const " (?hostName@CInetAddress@
NLNET@@QBEABV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STLD@@V?$allocator@D@2@@_STLD
@@XZ)
nlnet_debug.lib(service.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual void __thiscall NLMISC::CStdDisplayer::display(long,enum
NLMISC::CLog::TLogType,class _STL::basic_string<char,class
_STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocat
or<char> > const &,char const *,int,char const *)"
(?display@CStdDisplayer@NLMISC@@UAEXJW4TLogType@CLog@2@ABV?$basic_string@DV?
$char_traits@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@_STL@@PBDH2@Z)
nlnet_debug.lib(service.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: static void __cdecl NLMISC::CLog::setProcessName(class
_STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class
_STL::allocator<char> > const &)" (?setProcessName@C
Log@NLMISC@@SAXABV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@_
STL@@@Z)
nlnet_debug.lib(naming_client.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "public: class _STL::basic_string<char,class
_STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> > const & __thiscall
NLMISC::CConfigFile::CVar::asString(int)const " (?as
String@CVar@CConfigFile@NLMISC@@QBEABV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STL@
@V?$allocator@D@2@@_STL@@H@Z)
nlnet_debug.lib(naming_client.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "public: struct NLMISC::CConfigFile::CVar & __thiscall
NLMISC::CConfigFile::getVar(class _STL::basic_string<char,class
_STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char>
 > const &)"
(?getVar@CConfigFile@NLMISC@@QAEAAUCVar@12@ABV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits
@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@_STL@@@Z)
nlnet_debug.lib(naming_client.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "public: void __thiscall NLMISC::CConfigFile::load(class
_STL::basic_string<char,class _STL::char_traits<char>,class
_STL::allocator<char> > const &)" (?load@CConfigFile@
NLMISC@@QAEXABV?$basic_string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@_STL
@@@Z)
nlnet_debug.lib(net_log.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"protected: static class _STL::basic_string<char,class
_STL::char_traits<char>,class _STL::allocator<char> >
NLMISC::CLog::_ProcessName" (?_ProcessName@CLog@NLMISC@@1V?$basic_
string@DV?$char_traits@D@_STL@@V?$allocator@D@2@@_STL@@A)
Debug/time_service.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals

Michael

---

From: "Vianney Lecroart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:05:51 +0100

Hello,

exception

Not easy to know what s happen, it should be easier to know the problem if
you compile the time service and NeL
in the debug mode and run it in the visual debugger. We are not able to
reproduce this problem here :-(

> time_service.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:

In all NeL project settings (3d, ia, net, misc, client, services, and so on)
you must have __STL_DEBUG defined in the debug mode.
Please verify if they all contains this define and if not, add it!

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?