Subject: [Nel] Ryzom screenshot

From: "Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:25:06 +0100

Hi there,

Some screenshots of our internal project are in the "image of the day"
contest on flipcode.com.
All is done with NeL.

Take a look at :
http://www.flipcode.com/cgi-bin/msg.cgi?showThread=11-19-2001&forum=iotd&id=
-1

Cyril Corvazier
---
Lead 3d programmer
Nevrax France

---

From: Tony Hoyt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:00:46 -0500

> http://www.flipcode.com/cgi-bin/msg.cgi?showThread=11-19-2001&forum=iotd&id=

Wooooooh.  Holly cow you guys have been busy!  I've been wondering what
you guys have been doing with the real project and that sure is proof
that you guys are not slacking.  Are those mountable creatures you
have?  I must say, it looks really really nice.  Perhaps one of the few
good reasons why maybe I _should_ upgrade my graphics card.

  By the way, I've been reading some of your docs on makeing the art
packs, landscapes etc.  One issue I have is, to generate landscape I
need 3d Studio Max.  I know I know, if I want to be serious I would have
a copy but when your trying to do this for fun and on a budget of $0 +
personal time, you try to find alternative stuff.  I still need to see
what exactly the landscapeing tools do for 3d Studio Max and if they can
be replicated for say, Blender as a plugin or script (www.blender.nl)
but in the mean time I'm going to go back to reading some.

  I must say, I love your transition tile concept, I'm not sure how the
results of it look on a real project other then with Snowballs but with
snowballs, It does look good.  It seems easy enough to make a tile
pack.  It's the generating landscape that evades me at the moment.

  Tony
Project Leader of I-Really-Wish-I-Could-Make-My-own-MMORPG