Subject: [Nel] ./configure strangeness

From: Lars Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Feb 2002 00:59:13 +0100

Hello all,

can anyone here tell me why the following fails:

 root[/usr/local/src/snowball/snowballs2]: ./configure \
  --with-stlport-lib=/usr/local/lib \
  --with-stlport-include=/usr/local/include/stlport \
  --with-nel-lib=/usr/local/lib \
  --with-nel-include=/usr/local/src/nel/include  --disable-serve

 ---8<---
 checking for STLPort headers... /usr/local/include/stlport
 checking for STLPort libraries... no
 configure: error: STLPort must be installed (http://www.stlport.org).
 --->8---

but this one works:

 root[/usr/local/src/snowball/snowballs2]: ./configure \
  --with-stlport-lib= /usr/local/lib \
  --with-stlport-include=/usr/local/include/stlport \
  --with-nel-lib=/usr/local/lib \
  --with-nel-include=/usr/local/src/nel/include  --disable-serve

(The ` ' after --with-stlport-lib= is the only difference!)

The source was downloaded from /download/cvs/ a few
hours ago.

Thanks,
Lars

-- 
[ Lars Weber ]------< me @ lars.in-berlin.de >----[ GPG-ID: 1383B42E ]
+++ fingerprint: 44B1 1D23 DD53 E6B2 4AAB 4C36 0323 9141 1383 B42E +++
[ Using GNU ]----< www.gnu.org | www.debian.org >---[ Running Debian ]

---

From: Lars Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Feb 2002 01:43:38 +0100

>   --with-nel-include=/usr/local/src/nel/include  --disable-serve

I'm still not sure why the above fails...

>   --with-nel-include=/usr/local/src/nel/include  --disable-serve

but this one is just me beeing stupid!

I didn't notice the
  `configure: warning: /usr/local/lib: invalid host type'
in the output.

Compiling with no argument to --with-stlport-lib seems to work better than
with the one I use above for whatever reason.

Sorry,
Lars