Subject: [Nel] SnowBalls 2 Server?

From: Tony Hoyt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 11:26:29 -0800 (PST)

Is there an active Snowballs 2 server to connect to at this time? The
default values for inital server don't seem to resolve correctly at
this point.

  Tony

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals.
http://personals.yahoo.com

---

From: "Vianney Lecroart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:55:01 +0100

Hi Tony,

> default values for inital server don't seem to resolve correctly at

No, there's no active server to connect but you can play offline at this
time.
The default values is our servers we never put them online (why? lack of
time?).

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?

---

From: Cedric Valignat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:46:06 +0100

> default values for inital server don't seem to resolve correctly at

Our demo server for Snowballs is itsalive.nevrax.org (195.68.21.196)
since we release the code of Snowballs and Snowballs 2.

Snowballs shard is not very stable and crash quite often and is not
very well watched by us (sorry for that) so do not hesitate to contact
us to relaunch it if we didn't notice the crash ...

BTW, i just relaunch the shard :-)

Cedric.

---

From: Tony Hoyt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:43:38 -0500

> BTW, i just relaunch the shard :-)

  If and when I build all the Server code, how am I to run a shard
exactly?  I didn't see a server.exe.  As a matter of fact I saw a
'client' section in the server Workspace but no 'Server'.  I may just
fiddle around then this week and see what bugs I can dig up and report. 
If you would find that usefull at all that is.

  Speeking of bugs, I need to report an assert that failed ( (f0==f1) I
think) in the client.  It prevented me from running properly but I need
to get a proper error message or at least line number for you guys. I
keep forgetting to do that.  When I took out the assert, the client ran
fine although I don't know what was could have gone wrong I just went
with it for the time being.  Talk to you later.

  Tony.

---

From: Cedric Valignat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:58:58 +0100

Hello Tony,

> If you would find that usefull at all that is.

The shard is made to run over several servers, so we didn't write any
script/program to run everything at once on one server.

There is a description about launching the shard service in the HOWTO
file place in the NeLNS source directory, That's might help you :-)

After the NelNS is launch, you can start the snowballs services
(chat, position, and frontend services).

Cedric.

---

From: "Vianney Lecoart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:19:38 +0100

Hi Tony,

> with it for the time being.  Talk to you later.

The assert was fixed last week (and i forgot to answer you :-/  sorry)

Vianney Lecroart
---