Subject: [Nel] Compilation on Linux : no configure Script....

From: "Olivier Tarnus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:33:39 +0100

Hi ,

And first thank you : I'm french and it's nice to see some
active OSS softwares comming from France....

I've downloaded nel after the slashdot article, but i can't
find the configure script that should be included...

Do i have to get it via CVS?

Olivier Tarnus

---

From: Vincent Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 15:08:14 +0100

> find the configure script that should be included...

It should be generated before being archived from CVS, I guess
the Nevrax guys forgot to do it. Run ./bootstrap.

---

From: Valignat Cedric <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:47:13 +0100

> the Nevrax guys forgot to do it. Run ./bootstrap.

The version available on our web site are CVS ckeckout and not a distribution
version. That's mean that the configure script will no be include but
should be generated from the configuration files (configure.in and
Makefile.in) by using the bootstrap shell script.

The bootstrap script migth fail becuase some files are missing, so in that
case reexecute the script., it will copy the missing files ...

Cedric.

---

From: Valignat Cedric <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 17:38:12 +0100

> Makefile.in) by using the bootstrap shell script.

Ooops you should read Makefile.am and not Makefile.in ... :-)