Subject: [Nel] GNU/Linux : landscape is back

From: Loic Dachary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:12:41 +0100

Hi,

	The lowercase/uppercase pitfall is never old fashioned, it seems ;-)

	Try this in data/zones:

	for i in *zonel ; do  mv $i `echo $i | tr "[A-Z]" "[a-z]"` ; done 

	and launch the game. 

	The most disturbing aspect of this bug is that the zone manager is
perfectly happy when it is asked to load a zone that does not match an 
actual file. 

	I was first tempted to throw an exception. However, the high number
of non existent zones for which a load attempt is done stopped me ;-) 

DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/9_al.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/9_ak.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/9_am.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/9_aj.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/9_an.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/10_al.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/10_ak.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/10_am.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/9_ai.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/9_ao.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/10_aj.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/10_an.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/11_al.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/11_ak.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/11_am.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/10_ai.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/10_ao.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/9_ah.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/9_ap.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/11_aj.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/11_an.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/2_al.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/10_ah.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/10_ap.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/11_ai.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/11_ao.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/12_al.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/2_ak.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/2_am.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/12_ak.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/12_am.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/2_aj.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/2_an.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/9_ag.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/9_aq.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/12_aj.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/12_an.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/11_ah.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/11_ap.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/2_ai.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/2_ao.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/10_ag.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/10_aq.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/12_ai.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/12_ao.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/1_al.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/13_al.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/1_ak.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/1_am.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/13_ak.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/13_am.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/1_aj.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/1_an.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/9_af.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/9_ar.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/13_aj.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/13_an.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/2_ah.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/2_ap.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/11_ag.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/11_aq.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/12_ah.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/12_ap.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/1_ai.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/1_ao.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/10_af.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/10_ar.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/13_ai.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/13_ao.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/2_ag.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/2_aq.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/12_ag.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/12_aq.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/1_ah.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/1_ap.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/11_af.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/11_ar.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/13_ah.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/13_ap.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/1_ag.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/1_aq.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/2_af.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/2_ar.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/12_af.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/12_ar.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/13_ag.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/13_aq.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/1_af.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/1_ar.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/13_af.zonel
DBG23097 zone_manager.cpp 236 : file not found: data/zones/13_ar.zonel

	To the very least, I suggest that a debug message is issued. 

Index: nel/src/3d/zone_manager.cpp
===================================================================
RCS file: /home/cvsroot/code/nel/src/3d/zone_manager.cpp,v
retrieving revision 1.4
diff -u -r1.4 zone_manager.cpp
--- nel/src/3d/zone_manager.cpp	28 Aug 2001 11:39:11 -0000	1.4
+++ nel/src/3d/zone_manager.cpp	20 Feb 2002 15:14:41 -0000
@@ -233,6 +233,7 @@
 	}
 	else
 	{
+		nldebug("file not found: %s", zonePath.c_str ());
 		_Lz->FileNotFound = true;
 		delete _Zm->Zone;
 	}

	Cheers,

-- 
Loic   Dachary         http://www.dachary.org/  [email-masked]
12 bd  Magenta         http://www.senga.org/      [email-masked]
75010    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 07 97          [email-masked]
        GPG Public Key: http://www.dachary.org/loic/gpg.txt

---

From: "Vianney Lecroart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:38:26 +0100

Hi,

You are right. The CPath system manage correctly the case but zone_manger
doesn't use CPath so the problem occurs...
In fact, the data are ok, bit the code will search the good file name, the
standard is N_LL.zonel where N is the line and LL is the row with majuscule
(AA is the first row)
You just to change in src/3d/zone_search.cpp 'a' into 'A' like that:

 char firstLetter = zoneX / 26 + 'A';
 char secondLetter = zoneX % 26 + 'A';

Or wait the next cvs sync this night.

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?

---

From: Loic Dachary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:27:24 +0100

> Or wait the next cvs sync this night.

	Swell. I'll wait for the sync. 

	Cheers,