Subject: [Nel] GCC version and Debian Package

From: "Laurent Hausermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:52:08 +0100

Hi all,

I have two questions :

 - What gcc version number is required to compile Nel ? I look for this
information through the documentation without success (in fact, there is not
a lot of dependancy version required). I have standard Debian potato version
(2.95.2) and it fails to compile.

 - I think it's a bit tough to compile due to a lot of depedancy ... What
about creating a Debian (or Redhat if there are redhat's user) package ? If
anyone can help me, I could begin for the Debian package for testing debian
version.

Thanks to the nel Team for this great work (I can't compile yet, but it is
really great ! :)

Regards,

Laurent

---

From: Cedric Valignat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:37:43 +0100

Hi Laurent,

> (2.95.2) and it fails to compile.

We were used to use GCC 2.95.2, but we upgraded it to GCC 2.95.4 and it
compile fine with that version.

Your problem migth come from other things than GCC (listdc++, STL,
etc...), could you send us the error messages and more informations
about the your system, please ?

> anyone can help me, I could begin for the Debian package for testing debian

It's a very good idea but at the momment we (Nevrax) doesn't have so
much time to work on it and, to be honest, nobody here have ever made
any Debian or RPM packages, but i will be very pleased to help you :-)

> Thanks to the nel Team for this great work (I can't compile yet, but it is

Thanks Laurent :-)

Cedric.