Subject: [Nel] GNU/Linux compilation

From: Valignat Cedric <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 20:19:35 +0100

Hello,

The Nevrax team is please to announce, that there is some improvement on
the GNU/Linux compilation :-)

Just checkout the source files, read the INSTALL file and follow the
instructions, it should be enougth ... i hope :o)

There is still a lot of things to do or/and improve.

That's the first time that i'm playing around with automake / autoconf so
you migth find (and you will) some ugly things. Be nice with us ... any
suggestion will be welcome :-)

Have fun and a nice week-end ...

The Nevrax team.

---

From: [email-masked] (David Mentré)
Date: 28 Nov 2000 12:35:20 +0100

> instructions, it should be enougth ... i hope :o)

Yes. I can confirm it compiles on a fairly standard Debian 2.2 x86
machine. 

> There is still a lot of things to do or/and improve.

Yes. Like a configure for the client and the server to start playing
with some executable. Right now, I don't know what to do with the 63
megs of nel library. :)

BTW, maybe should the configure script be in the code/ directory in
order to setup nel, the client and the server?

d.
-- 
 [email-masked] -- http://www.irisa.fr/prive/dmentre/
 Opinions expressed here are only mine.

---

From: Vincent Archer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:29:03 +0100

> order to setup nel, the client and the server?

Well, yes and no. We'd like to keep the three (or at least two, NeL plus
the client/server) separate or semi-separate entities, so that you can
entirely replace client and server while keeping NeL.

At some time, there will probably be an overall configure script, but that
one will merely check the various parts, then call the 3 sub-directories
configures with its what it just found.

-- 
Vincent Archer                                         Email: [email-masked]

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!

---

From: Valignat Cedric <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:02:58 +0100

> Yes. I can confirm it compiles on a fairly standard Debian 2.2 x86

Cool ... :-)

> with some executable. Right now, I don't know what to do with the 63

hehe :-)

At the moment, there is nothing really usable for the client, and the
GNU/linux OpenGL driver has to be written ...

For the server part, we have few things running and the GNU/Linux configure
setup will be done soon ...

So be patient ... :-)

Bye.