Subject: [Nel] New release

From: Vincent Archer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 16:02:57 +0100

We've advanced NeL to the 0.3 version, and the sample Snowballs game to the
0.2 version, so we've put a new release on the web site.

Major highlights of NeL:
- the AI framework compiles correctly under Linux
- support for shadows, lens flare, and other lighting effects
- compressed textures

Major highlights of Snowballs (besides the NeL parts)
- new radar system
- zoom
- correct execution under Linux (if your Xserver supports 3D acceleration,
  otherwise, don't even think about it)

As usual, you may update your CVS repositories and compile, or install the
packaged source tree and compile from there. Do not forget to install the
updated data files.

As an aside, we're putting the dreaded 'ns.cfg' file in the data distribution
but the library defaults are now set to the right server. Even without it,
you'll no longer get the "cannot resolve pctest" error.

Enjoy the new version.

We'd appreciate feedback on how well it works under Linux. We've tested it
with NVidia's accelerated modules, and some configurations give us problems
(like 2 FPS rates), so we'd like to figure out what's wrong with these.
Many thanks in advance.

The distributions are linked on the news article on the home page of the
	/
web site.

-- 
Vincent Archer                                         Email: [email-masked]

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!