Subject: [Nel] Questions about NeL use.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:28:18 EDT

Anybody know what other companies are using the NeL engine in game 
development at this time?
Thanks, Jonathan.

---

From: Olivier Lejade <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:39:38 +0200

>development at this time?

There's a few (and a few more considering the move), but apart from our 
friends at In-Orbit (www.in-orbit.net), we have been asked not to mention 
them for the time being. Sorry.
However we expect that as time goes by and the games are released, more and 
more companies will hop in the bandwagon...
best,
O.

---

From: "Valerio Santinelli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:54:56 +0200

We'll start working with NEL late this september. But we're not an official company, we're just a group of amateurs.

--
Valerio Santinelli
http://www.digisoft-multimedia.it/

---

From: "Zane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:29:49 -0700

Has anyone else recieved this message several times?

-E.J. Wilburn

---

From: "EagleEye" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:25:21 -0500

Hey man, shut up already.  We've gotten the same email 4 or 5 times now.  My company MIGHT be using NeL... we're still evaluating it as it is still in development.

---

From: "Nick Rathke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 20:49:55 -0600

Why do I get this e-mail over and over and over again?

n.

---

From: "James Hearn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 00:06:02 -0500

> Why do I get this e-mail over and over and over again?

I've received almost 30 copies of it.

--James Hearn

---

From: Cedric Valignat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:24:11 +0200

> Has anyone else recieved this message several times?

Yes :-(

It look like to be mailman wich send that mail over and over since i
activate the option restricting the send of mail to the malling list to
the the list non-menbers without approval. I did it to filte spams ...

I desactivate that option and i looking for a solution ...

Sorry about that spamming :-(

Cedric.

---

From: "cyril Thibout" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 19:55:32 +0200

Sorry
how can I unsubscribe please ?

thanks

Cyril

---

From: Michael Warnock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 17:43:42 -0700

Greetings,

I'm really eager to get my hands on this code and try out all the new 
features I've watched you add to the library.  Is there a new tentative 
release date for the client?

Michael Warnock
InOrbit Entertainment Inc.

---

From: Cedric Valignat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:06:38 +0200

Hello Michael ... hello everyone,

> release date for the client?

Snowball 2 has been up and running for a month on our PCs here,
but due to deadline pressure on internal projects we haven't got
round to ironing out a couple of basic problems that make the
version unreleasable.

Firstly, the client app runs fine under Windows, but under X we
get the NeL logo in full screen with a slightly coy looking Gnu
trying desperately to hide behind it (you catch a glimpses of him
as the logo rotates).  There's also no sign of the landscape.  This
has to be something daft in the 3D engine, but the 3D team's been
snowed under and hasn't had a chance to look at it yet.

Secondly, the network code in the Snowballs server services
missbehvaes when we compile with optimisations turned on and
debugging options turned off (we only compile the server services
under Linux). The problem's hardly subtle, the client simply doesn't
receive any messages from the front end. This can't be difficult
to find as it's 100% repeatable but the fact that the problem goes
away when one compiles in 'debug' mode is a pain.  The Network team
have been as busy as the 3D team for the last month or so and just
haven't got round to sorting it out yet.

The team should surface in a couple of weeks time and we'll put out a
release then.

Regards to all,

Cedric.

---

From: Dim Segebart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:26:58 +0200

CV> Secondly, the network code in the Snowballs server services
CV> missbehvaes when we compile with optimisations turned on and
CV> debugging options turned off (we only compile the server services
CV> under Linux). The problem's hardly subtle, the client simply doesn't
CV> receive any messages from the front end. This can't be difficult
CV> to find as it's 100% repeatable but the fact that the problem goes
CV> away when one compiles in 'debug' mode is a pain.

Looks like you have memory allocation problem.

-- 
Dim Segebart                         mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Tony Hoyt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:42:25 -0400

Perhaps the team would do well to release it in it's current state
simply for outside coders to perhaps look into the problem themselves
and submit bug and patch reports?  It never hurt to ask the community
what it can do for your code.

  Tony

---

From: "Daniel Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:35:59 +0200

Fair comment.  The team kind of wanted to get it fixed before releaseing,
but no body's had the time.
Cedric 'll put a version some time tomorrow.

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Tony Hoyt
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 6:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Nel] snowballs 2

  Tony
_______________________________________________
Nel mailing list
[email-masked]
/mailman/listinfo.cgi/nel