Subject: [Nel] RE: Cannot start server

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:26:13 +1100

Hi, I have just compiled the client and get the same error, here is the gcc
error:

[root@localhost client]# make
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/cvssnowball/code/snowballs2/client/src'
c++ -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/home/snowball/STLport-4.5/stlport -O3
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/include/  -o snowballs  animation.o
camera.o client.o commands.o compass.o entities.o graph.o interface.o
landscape.o lens_flare.o mouse_listener.o network.o pacs.o physics.o radar.o
sound.o -L/usr/lib -lfreetype -L/home/snowball/STLport-4.5/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lnelmisc -lnelnet -lnelpacs -lstlport_gcc
camera.o: In function `initCamera(void)':
camera.o(.text+0x3b8): undefined reference to
`NL3D::CViewport::CViewport(void)'
camera.o(.text+0x3d1): undefined reference to `NL3D::CViewport::init(float,
float, float, float)'
client.o: In function `main':
client.o(.text+0xfea): undefined reference to
`NL3D::UDriver::createDriver(void)'
client.o: In function `displayLoadingState(char *)':
client.o(.text+0x382d): undefined reference to `NL3D::CFrustum::init(float,
float, float, float, float, float, bool)'
commands.o: In function `updateCommands(void)':
commands.o(.text+0x1a5f): undefined reference to
`NL3D::UDriver::setMatrixMode2D11(void)'
compass.o: In function `updateCompass(void)':
compass.o(.text+0x855): undefined reference to
`NL3D::UDriver::setMatrixMode2D43(void)'
graph.o: In function `CGraph::render(void)':
graph.o(.text+0x79): undefined reference to `NL3D::CFrustum::init(float,
float, float, float, float, float, bool)'
interface.o: In function `updateInterface(void)':
interface.o(.text+0x27): undefined reference to
`NL3D::UDriver::setMatrixMode2D11(void)'
landscape.o: In function `initLandscape(void)':
landscape.o(.text+0x1c65): undefined reference to
`NL3D::UInstanceGroup::createInstanceGroup(_STL::basic_string<char,
_STL::char_traits<char>, _STL::allocator<char> > const &)'
landscape.o(.text+0x1e7b): undefined reference to
`NL3D::ULight::createLight(void)'
lens_flare.o: In function `CLensFlare::show(void)':
lens_flare.o(.text+0x296): undefined reference to
`NL3D::UDriver::setMatrixMode2D11(void)'
lens_flare.o(.text+0x35d): undefined reference to
`NL3D::CFrustum::project(NLMISC::CVector const &) const'
lens_flare.o: In function `updateLensFlare(void)':
lens_flare.o(.text+0xd5f): undefined reference to
`NL3D::CFrustum::project(NLMISC::CVector const &) const'
lens_flare.o(.text+0xf25): undefined reference to
`NL3D::UDriver::setMatrixMode2D11(void)'
mouse_listener.o: In function `C3dMouseListener::C3dMouseListener(void)':
mouse_listener.o(.text+0x40): undefined reference to
`NL3D::CViewport::CViewport(void)'
mouse_listener.o(.text+0x8c): undefined reference to
`NL3D::CViewport::initFullScreen(void)'
mouse_listener.o(.text+0xb2): undefined reference to
`NL3D::CFrustum::init(float, float, float, float, bool)'
radar.o: In function `displayRadar(void)':
radar.o(.text+0x9b): undefined reference to
`NL3D::UDriver::setMatrixMode2D11(void)'
radar.o(.text+0x343): undefined reference to `NL3D::CFrustum::init(float,
float, float, float, float, float, bool)'
radar.o: In function `displayLittleRadar(void)':
radar.o(.text+0xf72): undefined reference to
`NL3D::UDriver::setMatrixMode2D11(void)'
radar.o(.text+0x116a): undefined reference to `NL3D::CFrustum::init(float,
float, float, float, float, float, bool)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [snowballs] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cvssnowball/code/snowballs2/client/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

For you informaiton, I am using gcc2.96, I tried both STLPORT 4.5 and 4.0
but I still got the same error.

Cheers,

Wilson

>Hello,
>
>I made some bugfix today in the configuration scripts of NeL and
>Snowballs 2 that could fix your problem. The fix will be available on
>the public CVS tonigth ...
>
>If it didn't fix your problem, send me the gcc error message, please ?
>thanks :-)

---

From: "Vianney Lecoart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:16:39 +0100

Hi,

> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lnelmisc -lnelnet -lnelpacs -lstlport_g
cc

Errors means that it doesn't find 3d library and there's no -lnel3d in the
c++ command above, so the problem comes from that.

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?

---

From: Cedric Valignat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:02:51 +0100

Hello Wilson,

This error is coming from some missing source files in the Makefile.am
of NeL, that was fixed on friday, you should update NeL and recompile it.

[email-masked] wrote:
> [...]

Cedric.